All our clients have migrated over and implemented video profile submissions as a must have requirement.
Please follow the simple instructions HERE and have your 45 second video profile sent to the hiring manager directly now.
Software Testing Engineer
This position requires a Software Test Engineer who has experience in testing enterprise/web-based applications built with Microsoft technologies.
The candidate will be responsible, together with colleagues, Software maintains its high degree of quality when new releases are launched. In addition, the individual will create test plans, perform tests, provide guidance to team members, work with the Product Team to develop testing modules, and advise and implement processes to ensure the quality of our products.
This is a full-time position. Work would be done on site (at our Toronto, Ontario, Canada offices); therefore any potential candidate must be eligible to work in Canada
What You Will Bring…
- Experience in testing commercial enterprise web-based software products
- Experience with business intelligence, data management or data science technologies is strongly desired
- Hands-on experience with databases including writing SQL scripts
- Direct experience in test automation, performance testing in the context of a commercial web-based software product is ideal
- Knowledge of issue tracking systems
- Awareness of the concepts of continuous delivery, and a broad perspective on the process of software development is expected
Lead Software Engineer
Programming – Vancouver, British Columbia
Our Lead Software Engineer owns features from “end to end” (both client and server). The Lead Software Engineer collaborates with other team members to iterate and refine systems, designs and code. As a small studio, all of our Software Engineers need to be flexible and enjoy a wide range of responsibilities across multiple projects and technologies.
- Design, develop, modify, debug, review, test and document C# and C++ object oriented software for real-time gaming platforms
- Supervises the activities of technical team members to ensure optimal project completion
- Perform complex software design and implementation with minimal direction in a team oriented environment
- Lead technical design, implementation, development testing, defect investigation and resolution
- Evaluate current and future field implementations and recommend design modifications to improve the product performance
- Collaborate with production to produce accurate estimates for the work required across a project
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science/Computer Engineering
- 5 + years of software development experience with the portion of that experience in the gaming industry
- Previously shipped at least four titles as a Software Engineer from start to finish in a team environment preferably in a lead role
- Strong understanding of design and engineering principles for security-centric information systems, with a good working knowledge of the latest security issues and trends
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion, enthusiasm and knowledge of emerging games
- Ramp up quickly on new technologies and engines as required by particular project
- Work in a truly agile fashion
- Excellent time management skills
- Manage multi-tasking across several projects
- Interact professionally with team members
- Deliver and receive performance feedback in a mature manner
Business Systems Lead Software Engineer
About the Role:
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders; understand their requirements, activities, and design & propose solutions that meet their needs and maximize user productivity.
- Design and develop ACL’s business system codebase, customizations, integrations and their related architecture.
- Improve and maintain ACL’s iterative software development lifecycle.
- Perform a key role in technology and tool research enhancing value in our systems stack.
- Document your contributions and improve documentation where lacking.
- Troubleshoot customization and integration issues to resolution.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Capable to design and architect complex business processes and use cases through code.
- Proven delivery and satisfaction of business system codebase and customization development.
- Familiarity with multi-node business system integrations.
- Experienced with the iterative software development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable about advanced system development techniques, integrations, tools, and best practices.
- Experience with database queries (SQL or equivalent), version control software (Git preferred), and/or Unit Testing is an asset.
- Ability to manage your own time and your commitment to deadlines.
Senior System Architect (Java) – Montreal
Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the Senior System Architect will be responsible for providing technical solutions subject matter expertise supporting the technical projects and activities of our Development team. You will lead and support the creation of the solution proposal, including the overall framework, delivery model and operating model. Our ideal candidate would be a technical guru with both broad and deep technology knowledge, with the ability to architect and deploy solutions by mapping common business problems to innovate global end-to-end technology solutions. You are able maintain application programs of the highest complexity, yet interact with management and the development team with genuine understanding and strong technical capabilities. You demonstrate immensely strong communication skills, project positive influence, and gain cross-functional group collaboration and buy-in as a capable leader.
- Provide technical architectural design solutions for major business applications and technology initiatives, focusing on web and internet systems
- Present work for review in structured walkthrough presentations of application systems with project team members and users during various stages of the development process
- Act as the subject matter expert on all infrastructure related items while participating in all phases of the project development life cycle
- Assist the in the documentation of system strategies and the execution of tests
- Provide suggestions and solutions to system problems of high complexity so that calculated risks are managed successfully
- Ensure solutions are of the highest quality so that they are high performance and scalable for growth
- Manage up to the CTO, providing him with the vital information he needs to push the product forward, move the business up and gain the momentum to grow and succeed at an accelerated pace
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or technical equivalent (technical designations an asset (e.g. MCSE)
- Extensive solutions architecture experience resulting in 10+ years enterprise software design and development, with a proven track record of delivering
- 5+ years in hands-on programming and architecture design for a variety of enterprise software applications, with a proven track record of shipping products and solutions
- The ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You have intelligent risk-taking tendencies – you are not afraid to fail, but fail fast, and learn from the mistakes making everyone around you better for it
- A deep understanding of non-functional requirements for commercial, mission-critical enterprise software products and services in the areas of system performance, scalability, security, compliance, usability, ease of implementation, supportability, maintainability, data center operability and TOC for both clients and our business
- Demonstrated results with SaaS and N-Tier architectures, application servers, web frameworks, object-relational mappers and web 2.0 architectures including SOAP and RESTful web services
- Expert knowledge of various diagnostic tools at every layer; J2EE diagnostic like Wily, Oracle statspack, Operating system performance tools, networking tools like Sniffer/HTTP watch
- Relational database analysis, design, performance tuning ability
- Experience with multiple development methodologies such as agile/lean, SP, TSP
- Strong Object Oriented architecture and design skills, including working knowledge of UML and Design Patterns, and a test-first mentality
- The ability to understand and explain a lot of TLAs (three-letter acronyms)
- Ability to influence others through collaboration and team building
- Excellent problem solving skills with a knack for researching and being super resourceful
- Exceptional technical acumen, with the ability to learn new and dynamic software
- Strong decision-making skills focused on driving results and achieving goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with all levels of the organization, to gain credibility and trust amongst peers and colleagues
- Strong analytical capability with the ability to build relationships and drive results
- Bottom line oriented, budget conscious, and metric/measurement driven
Senior Network Architect
- Work closely with the Operations and Development teams to troubleshoot, diagnose, and correct all network and application related issues
- Work closely with the Development teams to understand application performance goals, gather requirements, and develop solutions
- Work closely with the IT Security team to update and enhance network change controls
- Participate in client meetings to communicate network design and topology as needed
- Mentor Junior Network Administrators and other team members
- Develop enterprise class business and detailed level logical and physical network diagrams
- Continuously maintain and improve network performance
- Assist in determining standards and roadmaps for hardware and software
- Perform packet capture analysis to troubleshoot network related issues
- Analyze and design network systems to achieve efficient and secure operation
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of all network devices (routers, switches, firewalls, VPN’s, etc.)
- Log all activity related to planned and unplanned maintenance and incident response
- Manage network assessment documentation and preventative management
- Provide second and third level support for problems related to network issues
- Assist in managing firewall access control lists and NAT tables
- Participate in security incident response activities
- Assist in third party technical audits as required
- Perform other network related tasks as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant software/computer related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a senior network role within an IT environment
- Excellent understanding of Layer 2 and 3 Protocols including Spanning Tree, Multicast, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Excellent understanding of TCP/IP networking, firewalls, and VPN’s
- Excellent understanding of network architecture, design, and implementation
- Excellent knowledge and experience in networking troubleshooting and administration
- Knowledge of Linux and Solaris Operating Systems
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and technologies including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Group Policies, and Exchange
- Strong familiarity with HP networking technologies
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent customer presentation skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently as needed
- Ability to adapt to change and work well under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to be highly confidential and discrete
- Previous experience working in an environment with formally structured change management process would be considered an asset
- HP, Fortinet, and Linux certifications would be considered an asset
Back-end Software Engineer – Java
We are constantly improving our products through user research, client interaction, and the input of our creative staff. We’re looking for software engineers who thrive on solving challenging problems, and are passionate about building large-scale, high-performance server applications.
- Extend and maintain a large-scale multi-tenant SaaS architecture
- Design and implement advanced search, caching, and data integration algorithms
- Collaborate with a smart, passionate team to build powerful social discovery features, including collaborative filtering / recommendations, sentiment analysis, user clustering, and content personalization
- Take full responsibility for the design and execution of critical features and modules
- Participate in design, code review, and best practices discussions
- Minimum 2 years Professional Java Experience
- A strong theoretical foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software engineering best practices
- Demonstrated experience on progressively more challenging projects and/or roles
- Deep knowledge of server application development methodologies in Java
- Experience with hibernate, spring, and REST API’s
- Experience debugging and optimizing large-scale, multi-threaded systems
- Solid understanding of databases, cache servers, search engines, and application servers
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent