Controlling and optimizing company strategy and providing oversight is the primary role of corporate management. However, out of everything that corporate management controls, setting the vision for the quality and caliber of staff hired makes the biggest impact. It has the top spot; it’s management’s most important function.
In global business there is no greater potential ROI than the quality of staff hired. But besides numbers, there are assets produced by diligently adding only the highest quality staff available, including:
1. Better productivity. Do more with less is the new mantra in today’s business world. Top performing employees learn quicker, see the shortest distance between two points, and understand how to put effective, efficient processes in place. This all adds up to doing more with less.
2. Less stress on the organization. By hiring the cream of the crop, more can be delegated to each employee and therefore reducing the burden on staff. Stress is removed from the few high caliber players and spread across the organization. In typical organizations, 20% of the staff does 80% of the work and everyone is stressed. With a higher quality staff, stress is diluted.
3. Ability to plan more effectively. Once senior leadership understands the ability of a high-performing staff, they don’t have to be bashful with the challenges they plan and delegate. They quickly understand the performance capability of a high quality team.
4. Better quality product. High performers do things efficiently but also do them creatively and accurately. This generates heightened expectations around the product and applications development arena. Higher quality products and applications produce profitability.
5. Better bottom line. No matter whether you are dealing with a profit center or a cost center, high performance staff will cut costs or create revenue in multiples of the average staff.
6. Able to do the undoable. When the business runs into unexpected challenges, the high performers “do what it takes” and create unique solutions, never thought of prior. This creativity produces ROI above and beyond expectations.
7. Lead and manage with less effort. Leadership is often compromised by spending a large amount of time providing oversight. When managing a top performers, oversight can take a back seat to creating vision and strategy and the whole company wins.
With better quality staff, the ability to build a high performing organization becomes a reality. No Manager, Director, VP, or member of Sr. Leadership can be an A player without a team comprised of A players and staff that has a trajectory towards A-level work. A company filled with B+ and A+ players works very much like a well-tuned engine. It exceeds expectations, produces more efficiently, and demonstrates effectiveness routinely compared to one with a more marginal talent base. Great examples are Apple and Google, their results and growth are always attributed to the quality and caliber of staff.
In placing technology professionals with organizations since 2008, I understand this. I can help you find the top performers necessary to build a higher performing organization.
I’m always open to discussing technical job specifications, and learning about new client technology stack environments, just drop me an email! Learn more about this and other topics once we are connected Mark Paszkowiak. Or join the groupMississauga IT Careers for instant job postings. To keep up with the latest tech news, please send me an invite and follow me on Twitter @socialITsniper. Feel free to Like, Share and Comment.